On these pages you will find all the important information on examination matters in your degree programmes, including contacts at the examination offices, arranged according to faculties and departments. If you have any further questions, your examinations offices will be happy to help you.
Availability ot the Examinations Office [10.06.2020]:
Our student service offices are currently closed to non-employees in order to protect your health as well as the health of our staff members.
However, you can still contact the staff members of the Examination Office by telephone and e-mail. You will find the contact data and availability times on the website of the Examination Office responsible for your programme.
Documents, certificates, and applications can be submitted to the Examinations Office electronically.
General information; COVID-19 [03/26/2021]:
Amendment to Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG)
Summer Semester 2020, Winter Semester 2020/2021, and Summer Semester 2021 are not considered "semesters of study" with regard to the standard period of study and deadlines specified in the examination regulations. This means that students will not suffer any disadvantages if they are unable to comply with examination dates and deadlines due to the special situation in these semesters.
These "deadline extensions" occur automatically, and no separate application is necessary.
In addition, students who were/are enrolled in a degree prgramme in Summer Semester 2020, Winter Semester 2020/2021, and Summer Semester 2021 and who have not been granted a leave of abcence will generally be granted an extended "individual" standard period of study that deviates from the regular standard period of study.
Further information can be found at: https://www.gesetze-bayern.de/Content/Document/BayHSchG-99
The current consolidated Coronavirus Statutes can be found at: https://www.amtliche-bekanntmachungen.uni-bayreuth.de/de/index.html
- Simplified withdrawal for examinations: For examinations from 04.02.2021 onwards the "simplified withdrawal option by simply not attending the examination" will once again apply. The provision in § 4 of the Coronavirus Statutes has been adapted accordingly.
- Additional resit: If an examination is failed on the final attempt and this circumstance leads to a definitively failed examination, the responsible board of examiners may allow an additional resit, provided the examination candidate is not responsible for failing the examination for reasons related to the pandemic. The reasons must be submitted in writing or by e-mail to the relevant Examinations Office immediately after notification of the failed component; § 4a of the Coronavirus Statutes.
- Repetition deadlines: If the examination and study regulations specify deadlines independent of the semester, Art. 99 para 1 BayHSchG will not apply.
§ 19 para 4 p. 1 PSO BWL B. Sc.: "If the missing examinations are not passed within one year after the deadline specified in para 3 sentence 1 for reasons for which the student is responsible, or if the repetition options have been exhausted beforehand, the bachelor's examination is considered to be failed on the final attempt." or
§ 19 para 1 p. 3 PSO Biology B. Sc.: "The resit examination is usually to be taken within six months, at the latest within the framework of the examination dates of the relevant following semester."
These examples are not directly related to the semester of study, but rather generally define a deadline. Art. 99 para 1 BayHSchG is therefore not applicable to these regulations. However, the Coronavirus Statutes provide for a separate provision in § 7 for this constellation, whereby these deadlines are also automatically extended by the time of Summer Semester 2020 and/or Winter Semester 2020/2021, i.e. (in each case) six months.
- Conducting in-person examinations: Please note the following information (PDF)
Examinations for students at increased risk for severe COVID-related illness (risk groups): please see the following instructions (PDF)
Information on bachelor’s and master’s theses:
- Please use the mailbox at the main entrance of the University Administration (ZUV) to hand in your final theses.
If you have any questions, please contact the relevant Examinations Office.