The University of Bayreuth’s research centres strengthen the focus areas at the University. Within the research centres, scientists from different faculties come together to pursue interdisciplinary research.
The research centres furnish and operate large equipment and provide a central infrastructure. By actively supporting the establishment and coordination of interdisciplinary research associations, they also play an important role in obtaining external funding.
- Bavarian Centre for Battery Technology - BayBatt
- Bavarian Research Institute of Experimental Geo-Chemistry & Geophysics - BGI
- Bayreuth Center for Colloids and Interfaces - BZKG
- Bayreuth Centre for Ecology & Environmental Research - BayCEER
- Bayreuth Centre for High Performance Computing - BZ HPC
- Bayreuth Centre for Materials Science & Engineering - BayMAT
- Bayreuth Centre for Molecular Biosciences - BZMB
- Bayreuth Institute for American Studies - BIFAS
- Bayreuth Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation - E&I
- Bayreuth Institute for Macromolecular Research - BIMF
- Centre for Teacher Education - ZLB
- Institute of African Studies - IAS
- Northern Bayern NMR Centre (NBNC)
- Research Centre for Modelling & Simulation of Socio-Economic Dynamics - MODUS