The University of Bayreuth’s research centres strengthen the focus areas at the University. Within the research centres, scientists from different faculties come together to pursue interdisciplinary research.
The research centres furnish and operate large equipment and provide a central infrastructure. By actively supporting the establishment and coordination of interdisciplinary research associations, they also play an important role in obtaining external funding.
- Bavarian Research Institute of Experimental Geo-Chemistry & Geophysics - BGI
- Bayreuth Institute for Macromolecular Research - BIMF
- Bayreuth Center for Colloids and Interfaces - BZKG
- Bayreuth Centre for Molecular Biosciences - BZMB
- Research Centre for Bio-Macromolecules - BIOmac
- Bayreuth Centre for Materials Science & Engineering - BayMAT
- Bayreuth Centre for Ecology & Environmental Research - BayCEER
- Institute of African Studies - IAS
- Bayreuth Institute for American Studies - BIFAS
- Research Centre for Modelling & Simulation of Socio-Economic Dynamics - MODUS
- Centre for Teacher Education - ZLB