Research institutes in cooperation with external partners
To extend external cooperation and collaboration on campus in strategic areas and to continue pushing forward Bayreuth’s environment for science and business, the University encourages the establishment of research institutes in cooperation with other institutions.
The BPI, TAO, and BRIAS – strategic networks with other Bavarian higher education institutions – are making a lasting impact on the research landscape.
- Bavarian Polymer Institute (BPI)
- Technology Alliance of Upper Franconia (TAO)
- Bavarian Research Institute for African Studies (BRIAS)
As Europe’s largest organization for applied research and development services, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is an ideal partner for application-oriented research. For this reason, a number of Fraunhofer Project Groups have been established in Bayreuth over the past few years, allowing regional businesses to profit as well.
- Fraunhofer Project Group Process Innovation
- Fraunhofer Centre for High Temperature Materials & Design
- Project Group Business & Information Systems Engineering
The Centre for Food Quality (ForN) in Kulmbach links the University of Bayreuth with the Max Rubner Institute and consultants in the food sector.