Logo Universität Bayreuth
Symbol of easy language: A stylized smiley reads the newspaper and shows thumbs up

Plain language: General information on the University of Bayreuth

What is a University?

A university is an educational institution.

Students who have finished school
can go to university and continue their studies there.

That means studying.
To study, a higher school-leaving qualification (A-levels) is needed.
In Germany, this school-leaving qualification is called Abitur.
In Austria and Switzerland, this school-leaving qualification is called Matura.

Also of interest:

What can you find on the website of the University of Bayreuth? Click here.

General information on studying. Click here.

What research is being done at the University of Bayreuth? Click here.

With what countries is the University of Bayreuth in contact? Click here.

What else besides studying can you do on the grounds of the University of Bayreuth? Click here.

What sort of links are there between the University and business? Click here.

About this website

The content of this website has been created in “Leicht Lesen” (Easy Reading).
This sign is a seal of quality.

Logo for Easy Reading

Text transfer from

Kompetenz-Zentrum für Barrierefreiheit der Rummelsberger Diakonie (Competence Centre for Easy Access of the Rummelsberg Deaconry).

This page is marked with the "Leicht Lesen" quality mark of comprehensibility level A2.
Texts with this seal are easy to understand.

There are three Leicht Lesen levels.

B1: easy to understand
A2: even easier to understand
A1: easiest to understand