University of Bayreuth, Press Release No 064/2023 - 15 May 2023
Dr. Michael Hohl joins the Board of Trustees of the University of Bayreuth
The Board of Trustees of the University of Bayreuth has a new member: Bayreuth's former Lord Mayor Dr. Michael Hohl joined the board today (Monday, 15 May 2023).
The Board of Trustees of the University of Bayreuth is to support its interests in public and to advise and promote it in its work. The Board of Trustees includes up to 20 personalities from business, culture and politics who are particularly connected to the concerns of the University of Bayreuth.
At the most recent meeting of the Board of Trustees, five members were reappointed:
- Elisabeth Götz, Headmistress of the Markgräfin-Wilhelmine-Gymnasium, Bayreuth.
- Frank Kühne, Shareholder & Chairman of the Advisory Board of RAPS GmbH & Co. KG, Kulmbach
- Dr. Dorothee Strunz, Managing Partner of the LAMILUX Heinrich Strunz Group, Rehau and Deputy Chairwoman of the Board of Trustees
- Heribert Trunk, Managing Partner of BI-LOG Service Group GmbH and Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Jobst Wagner, President of the Administrative Board of REHAU AG, Rehau
A new member of the Board of Trustees is Dr. Michael Hohl, former Lord Mayor of the City of Bayreuth. Dr Hohl is also Chairman of the Universitätsverein Bayreuth e.V. and Chairman of the University Foundation. "His extensive network in the region and beyond, as well as the passion with which he has worked for the good of the University of Bayreuth for years, show that he is a valuable addition to the Board of Trustees," says Prof. Dr. Stefan Leible, President of the University of Bayreuth.
The members of the Board of Trustees are appointed by the university management for a period of five years, and their work on the Board of Trustees is honorary. The Board of Trustees of the University of Bayreuth was established in 2013 and has been chaired by Heribert Trunk since the beginning.