200-euro one-off payment: This is how you get the energy price allowance
The application platform for the one-off payment of 200 euros is ready. Here we will explain what you need to know about the one-off payment and how the application process works.
If you meet these requirements, you are eligible to apply:
- You were enrolled or registered at a German educational institution on December 1, 2022.
- You were living in Germany at the same time.
- Your education or programme lasts at least two years.
You can find a detailed description of the requirements at einmalzahlung200.de.
It is also important for you to know:
- The one-time payment of 200 euros is tax-free and is not offset against other social benefits.
- You are even entitled to the one-time payment if you have already received an energy allowance as an employee in September 2022.
- Likewise, you have a claim if you were recently paid other lump sums as a BAföG recipient.
Do you still have questions?
Then visit the FAQ at einmalzahlung200.de/faq.
You have no further questions?
Then let's get started with the application process.
Three steps to your 200 euros
1. Your access code
The access code is your door opener to the application process: It identifies you as the person entitled to apply. You will receive the code directly from your educational institution by e-mail to your university e-mail address.
2. Your BundID
To prevent the misuse of access codes, the BundID account is used as digital proof of your identity. If you already have a BundID account, you can skip this step. If not, set up your BundID at https://id.bund.de.
You usually have three options to set up your BundID:
- Via the online ID function of your German ID card or electronic residence permit.
- Via your eID card for EU citizens
- Via your ELSTER certificate
You can also find out how to set up the BundID in detail at https://www.einmalzahlung200.de/bundid
You're not sure whether your ID card has an online function? You can find information about this at https://www.personalausweisportal.de/SharedDocs/faqs/Webs/PA/DE/Haeufige-Fragen/6_online-Ausweisfunktion/online-ausweisfunktion-liste.html#f14619346.
If you are not able to use one of the three options, you will also receive a PIN from the University of Bayreuth. This PIN will be sent together with the access code in an e-mail. In addition to the PIN, you will still need a simple BundID account with username and password to create the application.
3. The application
If you have the access code, a fully set up BundID or, if necessary, a PIN, you now have everything you need and can apply for your one-time payment of 200 euros at www.einmalzahlung200.de.
→ Step 1: Start the application
Enter your access code and PIN if required.
→ Step 2: Prove your identity
Confirm your identity with the BundID account.
→ Step 3: Complete the form
Some data is already available. What is often missing is your contact information. What is always missing are your account details. Enter everything and submit the application.
→ Step 4: Receive money
The system automatically checks your data and forwards everything for verification. Soon after, a positive response should arrive in your e-mail inbox. Shortly afterwards, 200 euros will be transferred to you.