Research Assistant (m/f/d) Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) in the Field of Polymer Technology
The Department of Polymer Engineering
The Department of Polymer Engineering headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Holger Ruckdäschel is looking for a Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the field of IIoT for the characterization and processing of fiber-reinforced composites for a limited period of time.
Research Assistant (m/f/d) Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
in the Field of Polymer Technology
The Department of Polymer Engineering headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Holger Ruckdäschel is looking for a Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the field of IIoT for the characterization and processing of fiber-reinforced composites for a limited period of time. The research focus of the department is predominantly in the area of fiber composite technology, polymer foams and thermoplastic processing. The main focus is on the targeted analysis and utilization of interactions between materials, processing and properties. This enables a rigorous approach to the development of innovative products using modern polymer materials. In addition, we distinguish ourselves through application-oriented research, focus on sustainable concepts and use digital methods.
- Technical and scientific support to colleagues in the area of digitalization of industrial processes
- Development and establishment of novel manufacturing processes and testing methods in the field of fiber composites with a focus on automation/quality control
- Connection of processing and testing machines to IoT platforms for data acquisition
- Support in generating project concepts and publications
You have an above-average university degree (Master or Diploma), preferably in the following technical fields:
- Electrical engineering or automation technology, mechatronics or comparable
- Computer science / Data science
- Mechanical engineering / Plastics technology
- Materials Science / Material Science
You are characterized by an above-average interest in scientific issues in the field of digitization and plastics technology. You have knowledge in the field of measurement and control technology (PLC/SCADA) as well as programming (e.g. C/C++, Python). Experience with cloud platforms such as MS Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Mindsphere is an advantage. You bring a high degree of motivation and initiative and convince with a confident appearance and good written and spoken English.
We offer you:
- the opportunity for scientific qualification (doctorate)
- participation in a dynamic research team at a nationally and internationally reowned location for polymer technology
- a broad variety of tasks in an environment with above-average technical equipment
- an innovative scientific activity in combination with application-oriented research
- a large number of industrial contacts
- a salary according to TV-L
The University of Bayreuth values the diversity of its employees as an enrichment and is expressly committed to the goal of equal opportunities for men and women. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with children are welcome. The University of Bayreuth is a member of the Best Practice Club "Familie in der Hochschule e.V.", and has successfully participated in the HRK audit "Internationalization of the University". Persons with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if equally qualified.
Please apply online with meaningful application documents, indicating the password "WiMi IIoT" via our online application portal of the University of Bayreuth. The documents will be deleted after the position has been filled in accordance with data protection requirements.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Martin Demleitner (email@example.com, Tel. 0921/55-7446)
Tobias Standau (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 0921/55-7440)