Research Associate (m/f/d)
Chair of Entrepreneurship and Digital Business Models - BWL XVI
The University of Bayreuth is a research-oriented university with internationally competitive and interdisciplinary profile fields in research and teaching.
The Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Chair of Entrepreneurship and Digital Business Models - BWL XVI, Prof. Dr. Matthias Baum) of the Faculty of Law and Economics at the University of Bayreuth, is looking for a
Research Associate (m/f/d)
starting at the next possible date (earliest January 16th, 2023).
The position involves 50% of the regular working hours (about 20,05h/ week) and is funded for a period of three years. It is part of a German Research Foundation (DFG) project entitled: "To explore or to exploit? Understanding employees' internationalization-relevant behavior".
Our research project aims to contribute to a better understanding of how international new ventures (INVs) can effectively encourage their employees to suit their internationalization and thus to reap its growth potential. We intend to observe how such firms can motivate international exploration and exploitation behaviors of employees (e.g. proactively identifying or realizing opportunities in international markets) and how individual-, leader- and firm-level antecedents interact in this regard. The project is conducted in cooperation with Prof. Dr. Michael Frese (Leuphana University of Lüneburg/ Asia Business School, Malaysia) and Prof. Dr. Nicole Coviello (Wilfried Laurier University, Canada).
There is also the possibility of upgrading the position by 25% by assuming additional tasks at the Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, at the interface between research, teaching and practice.
This temporary employment is based on an employment contract with remuneration according to pay group 13 TV-L and limited to three years. A scientific qualification in the form of a doctorate is welcomed and supported within the framework of the employment.
We offer you an interesting and responsible position with excellent opportunities for further training and development.
Your area of responsibility includes:
- Working in the DFG research project "To explore or to exploit? Understanding employees' internationalization-relevant behavior"
- Data collection, maintenance, and quantitative analysis of data
- Collection and coding of secondary data
- Identification and development of scales
- Preparation and implementation of scientific studies (quantitative and qualitative)
- Presentation of research results at international conferences and publications in international journals
- Completed studies (diploma, master) with a focus on management, entrepreneurship, or economics (e.g., business administration, industrial engineering, business informatics) or other completed studies (diploma, master) in psychology or sociology
- Very good analytical skills and a distinct understanding of economic contexts
- Extensive methodological knowledge and ideally, personal experience in the analysis of empirical data (e.g. with the help of R, Stata, Mplus or SPSS)
- Ability to speak confidently in both German and English
- Exceptional initiative, motivation, commitment, and a high degree of teamwork skills
What you can expect:
- Modern working conditions in a creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Company health management
- Constructive working atmosphere in a friendly, open-minded and interdisciplinary team
- A family friendly working environment
The University of Bayreuth appreciates the diversity of its employees as an enrichment and is expressly committed to the goal of equal opportunities for men and women. Women are emphatically encouraged to apply. Applicants with children are very welcome. The University of Bayreuth is a member of the Best Practice Club "Familie in der Hochschule e.V." and has successfully participated in the HRK audit "Internationalization of the University". Persons with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if equally qualified.
Please apply online with the usual documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae in table form with current photograph, high school diploma, proof of academic achievements and, if applicable, extracurricular engagement, exam certificate(s)) by December 31st, 2022, stating the keyword "International Entrepreneurship" via our online application portal (one document in PDF format). The documents will be deleted after the position has been filled in accordance with data protection requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Matthias Baum: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your application!