PhD Position (m/f/d)
Chair of Planetary & Public Health
The University of Bayreuth is a research-oriented university with an internationally competitive and interdisciplinary profile in research and teaching.
At the University of Bayreuth, location Bayreuth, the Chair of Planetary & Public Health has a vacancy for a full time position as a
PhD Position (m/f/d)
The position is limited to 3 years.
The new professorship for Planetary & Public Health deals with the necessary transformation of health systems worldwide in view of existing global challenges. This requires reducing the negative impact of health systems on the environment and the climate, while simultaneously strengthening resilience of health systems in view of escalating crises and recurring extreme weather events.
The position is limited in time according to the “Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz” and serves to fur-ther a scientific qualification (doctorate). The duration of the employment relationship depends on the legal and personal prerequisites. In all other respects, the employment requirements according to the “Bayerisches Hochschulinnovationsgesetz” apply.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Supporting the development of new Planetary Health research by identifying relevant research questions and applying for funding
• Conducting transdisciplinary research in cooperation with national and international stakehold-ers
• Publication of research results in international peer-reviewed journals and policy briefs
• Presenting at national and international conferences and advising relevant stakeholders in the healthcare sector
• Co-development of the teaching portfolio in the field of Planetary Health for students of the Masters in Environment, Climate Change and Health, for students of Health Economics and for medical students at the Medical Campus Upper Franconia
• Supervision of master's theses
• Relevant degree in e.g. medicine/ economics/ health sciences/ public health/ health economics/ climate sciences/ law/ political sciences
• Strong analytical skills and strong methodological competencies in quantitative and/or qualita-tive research methods
• Very good German and English language skills
• Experience with research and publications, policy advice or international cooperation is desira-ble
• Experience with writing applications for research grants is desirable
• A challenging job in an inspiring environment.
• The possibility to contribute to shaping the research focus of the Chair of Planetary & Public Health
• Transdisciplinary research with a transformative approach in the field of Planetary Health
• Support for developing your own research priorities
• Involvement in international collaborations with partners in other European and African coun-tries
• Support for further academic advancement (e.g. PhD)
• Flexible working hours
• Company health management
• Constructive working atmosphere in a friendly, open-minded and international team
• Compatibility of family and career
The University of Bayreuth values the diversity of its employees as an enrichment and is expressly committed to the goal of equal opportunities for men and women. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with children are very welcome. The University of Bayreuth is a member of the best-practice club "Familie in der Hochschule e.V." and has successfully participated in the HRK audit "Internationalization of the University". Persons with severe disabilities will be given preferential con-sideration if equally qualified.
Please apply online with the standard application documents (cover letter, full CV, references/certif-icates)
by 15 March 2024, stating the keyword “WiMi_Planetary and Public Health“ via our application portal of the University of Bayreuth. The documents will be deleted after the position has been filled in accordance with data protection requirements.
In case of questions, please contact: Prof. Dr. Wilm Quentin (firstname.lastname@example.org).