Scientific associate (m/f/d) with possibility to obtain a doctorate degree
Chair of Metals and Alloys
The Faculty of Engineering Science, chair of Metals and Alloys has an open position for a
Scientific associate (m/f/d)
with possibility to obtain a doctorate degree
This is a temporary employment relationship with possibility to obtain a doctorate degree.
You should bring:
- University degree (M. Sc. or equal) in the field of materials science, materials engineering or related fields of study
- Independent and goal-oriented and scientific work attitude
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good knowledge of English language
- The everyday language is German and it is mandatory that the PhD thesis is written in German
- Advanced and highly state-of-the-art research subjects
- Tasks in a laboratory environment with above-average equipment
- Project work in the field of high temperature alloys, alloy development and materials testing
- A creative work environment
- Compensation according to TV-L
The University of Bayreuth appreciates the diversity of its employees as an enrichment and is committed to the goal of equal opportunities for all genders. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with children are very welcome. The University of Bayreuth is a member of the Best Practice Club "Familie in der Hochschule e.V.", and has successfully participated in the HRK audit "Internationalisierung der Hochschule". Persons with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if equally qualified.
Please apply online with all significant application documents indicating the keyword „Doktorand*in Metallische Werkstoffe“ via our online application portal. The documents will be deleted after the position has been filled in accordance with data protection requirements.
Please direct any questions to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Uwe Glatzel
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +49 921 55 6600
Information about the chair of Metals and Alloys is available at: