Häufig gestellte Fragen zu Reisekosten
- What is the per diem rate during business travel?Hide
The per diem rate depends on two factors: whether the trip is for longer than one day and for how long you will be absent.
Per diem for one-day business travel
On one day, and between 6 and 8 hours: 4.50 euros
On one day, and between 8 and 12 hours: 7.50 euros
On one day, and for longer than 12 hours: 15.00 euros
Per diem for business travel that is longer than one day
Longer than one day, between 6 and 8 hours: 6.50 euros
Longer than one day, between 8 and 12 hours: 11.00 euros
Longer than one day, and for longer than 12 hours: 21.50 euros
- What is the per diem rate during travel for training purposes?Hide
75% of the amount paid for business travel (see previous question)
- What is the difference between business travel and travel for training purposes?Hide
“Travel for training purposes” refers to travel undertaken by staff members after completion of their vocational training for the purpose of continuing education or to broaden their professional knowledge, skills, and experience, to help them adapt to changes, or to prepare them for new tasks.
Business travel and off-site work comprises both the official business and the necessary travel time.
- What is the allowance for my hotel room?Hide
In cities with up to 299,999 residents, overnight accommodation costs of up to 90 euros are reimbursed without closer examination; in cities with over 300,000 residents, up to 120 euros can be reimbursed. If the accommodation costs exceed these maximum prices, you will have to provide a separate rationale.
- In what cases are hotel invoices not covered in full?Hide
If so requested by the employer, accommodation costs will be paid in full. For this, 4.30 euros for breakfast will be deducted from the per diem.
For business travel that is not carried out at the employer's request, the accommodation costs will be reduced by the breakfast costs listed on the invoice.
- Is a flat rate for accommodations paid during travel for training purposes?Hide
No, it is not! Only the actual accommodation costs can be reimbursed.
- Do I have official comprehensive insurance coverage during a trip if I use my private motor vehicle?Hide
Comprehensive insurance coverage without a deductible applies only for business travel if there are good reasons for using the private motor vehicle.
In general, there is NO official comprehensive insurance coverage during travel for training purposes!
- Can I book first class tickets on travel for training purposes?Hide
Costs can only be reimbursed for 2nd class tickets.
- Are parking fees covered?Hide
Parking fees are only covered if the use of your private motor vehicle was approved after having provided reasonable grounds.
- Do I have to enter meals provided free of charge?Hide
Any meals (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) provided free of charge must be entered on the Travel and Subsistence Form (“Reisekostenabrechnung”).